If you own a business with a US presence

If you have a business presence in the USA, you might be obliged to file US corporate tax returns.

  • If company personnel cross the border to provide services in the U.S., then any income derived may be deemed to be U.S. source income.


  • If you maintain a plant in the U.S. then you have a U.S. presence and all income generated from the plant can be considered to be U.S. source income.


If any of the above scenarios apply to your business, then you will need to file a 1120-F form.  This return is due by March 15th each year.


At Nathan Farkas and Associates we can assist you in planning your affairs in order to reduce the impact of U.S. tax on your financial affairs.


You can reach us by phone or fax at 1 (800) 905-0380 or use our contact form to email us.


content & advice